Wednesday, June 16, 2010

HEART THOUGHTS from Helen

WEATHER FORECAST:
"Rain, heavy at times, with the threat of thundershowers."


From my office I see the magnolia tree in our front yard. The limbs hang heavy with rain drenched leaves dripping as the "heavy at times" inundates them. I watch them droop and begin to assume the position myself. Do you ever do that, gaze at outward circumstances and soak up the sorrow? Shortly afterward, on the radio, this wonderful old hymn sang its way into my ears, then my soul:

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine.
O what a foretaste of glory divine.
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His spirit, washed in His blood.
Perfect submission, perfect delight
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels descending bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love
Perfect submission, all is at rest
I in my Savior am happy and blest:
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.
This my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.
..Fanny J. Crosby

The trees, not long ago, thirsted for water. Perfectly submitted, absolutely un-anxious, the trees felt blessedly assured that water would come. Perfectly delighted they stand tall as showers of mercy wash them today. The leaves hang heavy because they can hardly contain the blessing. It drips on me.

This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long

No comments:

Post a Comment