Wednesday, September 29, 2010

HEART THOUGHT from Helen

All of us acquire tiny sample containers of various products. One of my small jars contained hand lotion. After I used up all the sample of lotion, I washed the small jar and put vitamin capsules in it to carry in my purse. The first time I swallowed those vitamins, they tasted worse than usual, until I realized that the taste of hand lotion had permeated the vitamins. The container had so absorbed the perfume of its contents, it was a part of it...making my vitamins taste like perfume.

We are all just clay containers, absorbing whatever is instilled within us. I wonder just what we taste like to a world that needs the nourishment of heavenly vitamins. Our grandchildren preferred fruity tasting vitamins when they were younger. Perhaps the taste of fruit...like" love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control "(Galatians 5:22) might be just what the doctor orders and "against such things there is no law".

No comments:

Post a Comment