Friday, February 18, 2011

HEART THOUGHTS from Helen

Just in case you forgot to get your loved one(s) a valentine, I just happened to find one in my notes. Perhaps you can use it.

I am patient with you
because I love you and want to forgive you..

I am kind to you
because I love you and want to help you.

I do not envy your possessions or your gifts
because I love and want you to have the best.

I do not boast about my attainments
because I love you and want to hear about yours.

I am not proud
because I love you and want to esteem you before myself.

I am not rude because
I love you and care about your feelings.

I am not self seeking
because I love you and want to meet your needs.

I am not easily angered by you
because I love you and want to overlook your offenses.

I do not keep a record of your wrongs because I love you,
and "love covereth a multitude of sin".

...Jerry Bridges (a paraphrase of 1 Corinthians 13

No comments:

Post a Comment