Wednesday, May 5, 2010

HEART THOUGHTS from Helen

"The Power of Prayer"

Former Governor Mike Huckabee’s interview with Franklin Graham last night on television demonstrated the forever truth that God's children stand firm in their commitment to pray whether the government approves or disapproves. The National Day of Prayer garners more and more attention, even though"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." much of it is negative this year. No matter! God knows and predicted as much. (James 1:2 NIV)

"All these were constantly at prayer together." (Acts 1:14)

A number of years ago, my Sunday School Class in Travelers Rest met to pray corporately for revival. I assigned an area of the church sanctuary for each member to cover in prayer. The north wall, the south wall, the east wall and the west wall, including the choir loft and the balcony were manned by intercessors. Each warrior held an assigned list of names from the church directory. It was a about 7:10 pm when the vigil began. I stationed myself behind the piano.
At about 7:45, my knees demanded a position change so I moved from the floor to the pew. In so doing, I glanced around the sanctuary...and saw no one. UH-OH!! I sucked in my breath in surprise. Immediately I sensed them all to be there, even though I couldn't see them. They WERE there, but they were all on their faces before the Lord. In awe, I finished my prayers in praise.

Our mandate to pray for revival included this note from Ron Dunn's book, DON'T JUST STAND THERE; PRAY SOMETHING. "At Pentecost, they prayed ten days, preached ten minutes and three thousand were saved. Today, we pray ten minutes, preach three days and are ecstatic if anyone is saved. "

David Brainerd prayed in knee deep snow until the snow melted; he got pneumonia and died.
When will we realize that we can never pray enough? We can not fathom the depth nor the height to which God Almighty (El Shaddai) will go when His children come to Him humbly seeking His face.

It was one of those awesome, holy moments, when our hearts united, we fell to our knees and God showed up!!

Do it again, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment