Friday, December 23, 2011

A Personal Christmas Card

O LORD, I want to thank You for Bethlehem, even now war-torn.
Thank You for Jesus, The Bread of Life, Who was born.
Thank You for Mary, surrendered utterly;
(“As is pleasing to Thee, be it even to me.”)
for a donkey, beast of burden carrying them both, quietly.

Father, thanks for Joseph, both leading and following,
obedient to You though not allowing
his doubt to prevent fathering.

Sovereign LORD, how grateful am I
that Shepherds took note of a star in the sky.
For kings, curious, not knowing the reason,
drawn to a manger bringing gifts for pleasing.
Thank You for Angels, that sang out on high,
Glory! Alleluia! Both on earth and in the sky.

LORD last but not least
for a Baby who reigns as Prophet and Priest:
King Jesus! Eternal, Creator, Emmanuel,
a Babe from heaven to save us from sin and hell.

Praises be to the Great I AM
House of Bread, O, Bethlehem!
What can I bring Him?
Who owns and rules all.
Myself…as Mary, at His feet I fall.

Babe in a Manger, True Bread of Life
Asking on others you shine your great Light.
LORD, Most Holy, trembling I kneel at your feet
You, Lord Jesus, is all that I seek.
Bowing in Bethlehem, blest House of Bread,
Satisfied not with the world, only You, instead.
…Helen Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment