Wednesday, October 20, 2010

HEART THOUGHTS by Helen

“Abide in Me” John 15:4….

Her blond hair all askew, my six year old granddaughter crept into our bedroom about four-thirty on a Saturday morning. I sensed that she was up and observed her silhouette before she slipped into the room. She whispered in my ear:

“I need to be with you, Nana.”

Naturally, I opened my arms and she climbed in to ‘be with me’. She soon slipped into slumber once again, all warm and snuggly between Nana and Poppy. Not an unusual scenario, but she hadn’t exactly expressed it so sweetly previously.

“I need to be with you, Lord.” I said as I kept my early morning appointment with the Master this morning. I walked into the study and faced the picture of Fern Beckham’s COMPASSIONATE CHRIST, hanging on the wall. I love the expression on this particular rendering of the face of Jesus. It seems to express a different sentiment for each rendezvous. This morning, He seemed to smile at me, open His arms and welcome me in.

Do you need to be with Him? He senses your presence and eagerly awaits…

No comments:

Post a Comment