Monday, March 19, 2012

Is your glass half full or half empty?

For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form and you have been given fullness in Christ.” Col. 2:9-10 (NIV)

“Everything of God gets expressed in Him, so you can see and hear him clearly. You don’t need a telescope, a microscope, or a horoscope to realize the fullness of Christ, and the emptiness of the universe without Him. When you come to Him, that fullness comes together for you, too. His power extends over everything.” (THE MESSAGE)

My Alaskan daughter-in-law, Joice, prefers her water without ice. She can drink a FULL glass of water (and our glasses are fairly large) in no time flat. I’m amazed, because, I like my glass full of ice and then add water, then I drink only a little at a time. My husband likes ice also but can gulp down a full glass quickly.

I know water is good for me and I try to stay hydrated; sometimes I succeed. Depending on how full I fill my glass, the water becomes a part of me and I am saturated with it. If I fill my glass and don’t drink it, it is just another exercise in futility. The water is there but it’s not doing me any good, except that I can talk about how good it is and how good it is for me, but until I drink it, it’s irrelevant to my body’s betterment.

---Christ in all His fullness, God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit lives together in Christ Jesus, my LORD. All I need to do to know God is to look at Christ and continue to look at Him, His Life, His Message, and His Love. The more I realize His fullness; His fullness is realized in me. I don’t become Him; I become a reflection of Him as I realize my completeness in Him. That is really hard for me to swallow.
Christ is the FULLNESS of the Godhead, the Deity. He is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. They forever existed throughout eternity; THEY ARE ETERNAL!

Could that be why Jesus instructed the woman at the well in John, chapter four, that He would have given her living water, if she asked (v. 10)? She was thirsty; He stood by Jacob’s well.

He told her, “…whoever takes a drink of the water that I will give him shall never, no never be thirsty any more. But the water that I will give him shall become a spring of water welling up (flowing, bubbling) continually within him unto (into, for) eternal life.” (AMP, v.14)

Can I take in all the fullness of the Godhead, the Deity, in one gulp? In one sense, when I surrendered my life to Christ, I did accept ALL of Him into myself. It has, however, taken me many years to consume all the goodness that is He and I haven’t begun to know it YET. My heavenly Father invites me to look at Christ more closely, know Him more intimately through His Word and Prayer, to drink from that eternal well that never runs dry. Will I fill my glass to the brim with Him today and drink all of His goodness? Will you?

All the FULLNESS of the Godhead dwells in Christ…and I am complete (full) in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment